Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I got to make my first trip back to T-Town and it was so much fun, but went by way too quick!  I got in town Wednesday and started running around like a crazy person.  I had my hair appointment (thank goodness because pretty sure I was starting to look like a crack-whore), then ran by to see Emily's new house which I LOVE!  After that I ran by and saw Amy and Jared before they left town.  It was so good to see friends, but there wasn't near enough time to spend with everyone!

Then came Turkey Day... it was so much fun to spend with my family!
Yup... they're still just as cute as when I left them.  :)

Here's a recap of the food... it was delicious!

We started with this great appetizer that I found the recipe on for Pinterest:
You can find the recipe here.

Now, my grandmother insists on making the turkey every year.  Every year, we beg her not to because it always ends up looking like the turkey from Christmas Vacation.  : )  This year was no different...
Luckily, we made a ham just in case!  I decided to pass on the turkey, but my dad said it wasn't too dry once you got past the looks of it!  ; )

Of course, Thanksgiving can't be complete without Pioneer Woman's Mashed Potatoes.  I forgot to take a picture, but these literally are the best potatoes to ever exist- once you see the ingredients, you'll know why.  We also had Pioneer Woman's Whiskey Glazed Carrots.  I've made these a few times and they never disappoint!
I tried out a new recipe I found on Pinterest (of course) for Creamed Corn.  It was really good and VERY easy... just throw it in the Crockpot and let it do the work!  This mad a TON of corn...
Paigey made some delicious green beans... I'll have to get the recipe for them later!
Dessert was great as well!  My grandmother brought over a pie and Paige and I made some cookies- Reese's Cup Cookies and The World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies.

All in all, it wasa  great day with great food!

No comments:

Post a Comment