Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blake is Thir-TEE!

Blake had his big 30th birthday on Saturday and it was a BLAST!  We went with the Pub Golf theme, which I stole from my friend Amy, who did this for her husband.  That party was so fun, I just had to re-create it!  : )

We started at my house, which we called "The Club House".  I slaved in the kitchen all day and everyone showed up to this great arrangement of food (thanks, Pinterest!):
I was a bit nervous how the food was going to turn out, as I hadn't made almost any of it before.  I'll follow up with another post with the links to the recipe... you have to make every.single.thing!

I tried to throw some golf decorations in to make it feel like a Club House:
Everyone dressed up, which I was a bit nervous about... Blake's group has never had a theme party before.  I don't know how Dallas has survived so long without me here.  : )  Everyone ended up having a BLAST and we already have a few more theme parties planned- I'm so excited!  We have everything planned from a "Fat Tuesday" party to a Dinosaur theme partied (don't ask...).

Here are a few pics from the Clubhouse:
Love him.  : )  P.S. Thanks Em for the cute sign you made!!!
Rylee didn't dress up again... she's starting to become a party pooper.
This is one of Blake's friend's girlfriends... LOVE her!  She actually lives in my apartment complex and has been great to me since I've been here!
My apartment is in walking distance from a TON of bars and restaurants, so we were able to walk down the street and go to all the "holes".  Here are a few more pics from the night:
This might be my favorite picture of the night... one of the rules on the "Scorecard" was that you couldn't go to the bathroom until after the 4th hole... well, Blake thought he was being sneaky and tried to get away with it.  I happened to notice and sent in his friend to get evidence.  Too funny!!!
I would say the night was a huge SUCCESS!!!  Happy 30th, Blake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment