Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Last Month In Tulsa

With my move to Dallas less than a week away, I have been spending as much time as possible with my family and friends (and trying to take as many pictures as possible while doing so).  Here's a little picture documentation of what I've been up to:
My family and I headed down to Norman to cheer on the Sooners for the game against Tulsa.  It was the first time my whole family has been there and a complete BLAST!!!  We definitely must make this a yearly tradition!
The next week, my awesome co-workers pictured above (Kyle and Mickey) threw me a going away party.  Over the past few years, I have gotten so close to these two, not to mention a handful of others at the bank.  Kyle, Mickey and I refer to ourselves as the "3 Best Friends that Anyone Has Ever Had" and find ourselves having too much fun a little too often.  : )  I am going to miss them so much!!
Chris (pictured above) has been with me since I started my career as a mortgage lender- she's truly become one of my greatest friends and been so helpful to me while growing my business.  She is actually going to be taking over my book of business here in Tulsa while I move on to build it again in Dallas.  I'm so excited to see how well she does!
The next night was Teresa and Kelli's 30th Birthday celebration... 80's style.  It was a complete blast!!!  I don't know what it is, but something about looking like an idiot makes you have so much more fun!
My family came with me to church on the following Sunday so I could give my preacher, Charlie a big hug before I hit the road.  Over the past six months, my life has COMPLETELY changed directions and I don't know if I could have gotten through everything without Charlie.  He has stood beside me, given me great support and helped me feel confident in all the big decisions I've had to make over the past few months.  Of course, I had to grab a picture with my sweet nieces... aren't they the cutest?!!

Then, it was time for my favorite weekend of the year: OU/ texas!!!
Blake and his friends throw the annual OU/texas eve party every year... it's always such a fun time and so great to see old friends and make some new ones.  Tawna and Bobby came down too, so it was great to have some Tulsa peeps there as well!

We all got up super early to meet everyone for breakfast, then head for some fair action before the game.
I then met up with Christina (one of my only Tulsa Sooners) and had a blast at the game cheering on our Sooners for a HUGE victory over Texas.  It was one of the most fun games I've ever witnessed!
After taking a quick nap, we went to dinner at Todd and Stephanie's and I got to meet their new little baby Macy.  We then headed out to meet some of Blake's friends even though we were exhausted (and I was apparently sunburned from the game- ha!).
Confession: I might possibly be the worst dancer in the entire world, but for some reason, you give me a cocktail or two, and I think I am a professional.  The only thing that could possibly make my skill somewhat acceptable is that I am dating someone who has the same problem.  We decided to put on a bit of a show for the crowd... complete with spinning, dipping, and Blake doing some random knee slapping and pelvic thrusts... I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time (but probably not as hard as the people watching this train wreck).

All in all, the past month has been a complete blast!  Now I'm getting ready for a week full of closing down my Tulsa business, quite a bit of packing, and a lot of goodbyes.  : (

1 comment:

  1. YAY, YAY, YAY...you started it ANDDDDDDD you called it Kristin Does Dallas! LOVE IT. I'm excited for you and your new journey but we'll miss you (and your dancing) here in Tulsa!

    ReplyDelete