Monday, October 10, 2011

Date Time with Valerie!

One of the many things I absolutely love about my job:  random holidays off!  For example, today I was able to celebrate Columbus Day with one of my sweet nieces.  Not only was it great to have an extra day to recover from OU/ texas weekend, but it was even better to have some one-on-one time before I make the big move.

I went and met up with Valerie (my almost-5 year old niece), Paige (my sis-in-law) and Tori (my almost-2 year old niece) at The Brook for some mac and cheese.
After we ate our hearts out, we ran by to see my dad (her Papa) to say hi since we had a little time to spare before seeing The Lion King in 3D.  My dad was still babysitting Rylee from the weekend, so Valerie helped Rylee get a little energy out before we left.
We then jumped in the car and headed out to the movie.  I think this was the most fun I've ever had watching a movie, just because Val's commentary was HILARIOUS!
I can't believe this little baby will be 5 this month... it really seems like just yesterday I rushed out of work to meet her at the hospital for the first time.  Her little personality has developed so much (hence the picture above).

I'm so grateful that we got to spend the day together and have some quality time.

Of course, I had to see this sweet thing when our Date Day was over:
Best Columbus Day EVER!!!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment