Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Mexico Wedding

For our final wedding in June, we took off to the Riviera Maya to celebrate Jon and Elizabeth's wedding!  

Jon is one of Blake's fraternity brothers, but I actually became friends with him my freshman year so I consider him one of my friends too.  : )  

We left on Saturday morning as the wedding wasn't until that Monday.  A lot of people went down Friday morning, but with all the weddings we just couldn't justify another day off work.  And let's be honest... we are too old for more than 3 nights of pretending we're back in college.  

We got there and headed straight to the pool where everyone was already having their fun!  We made sure to jump right in...

One of the group members had an underwater camera... how fun is that?  Since I have to hold my nose, we decided it would be more fun if someone did it for me.

The next night was the rehearsal dinner on the beach- it had the most amazing views and the most awesome slideshow.  The couple tried their hardest to find pictures of everyone who made a trip to Mexico and incorporated it in the slideshow- no telling how long that took them but it was very sweet!


The next night was the wedding and it was GORGEOUS.  It was actually the first Jewish wedding I've ever attended- it was awesome.  There are so many rituals they incorporate that it really makes it special.  One of them that I LOVED: before the wedding, the wedding party all watches the bride and groom sign a piece of paper with all their vows.  It is framed and put in their house so their commitment will always be top of mind.  

And of course, the reception was AWESOME.  Once the speeches were over, the special song came on (not sure what it's called) and everyone ran onto the dance floor to start the party, complete with throwing the bride and groom up and down in their chairs.  




Talk about the best party starter ever.  Don't be surprised if I incorporate some of these rituals whenever I get married.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment