Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Meals- Baked Tilapia w/ Parmesan Crust


I finally made my first recipe from the cooking class I went to and it was a huge hit! I'm not a big fan of fish, but Blake is and convinces me to make it occasionally because "it's good for me". With that being said, I ate EVERY. SINGLE. BITE of this.


I forgot to take a picture, so this is the one from the cooking class- I promise I didn't make this much for two people. How wasteful would that be?

Here's the recipe:
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/2 Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 green onions, very thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 (6 ounce) tilapia (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)

Preheat oven to 425. 

In a medium bowl, mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs, butter, mayonnaise, green onions, Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Pat the tilapia completely dry with paper towels; season generously with salt and pepper. Lightly butter a rimmed sheet pan and place each fillet on it. Pour the cheese mixture over the filets and bake until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.

*** The tilapia can be substituted with any sustainable fish like catfish, whitefish, striped bass, haddock or cod. 

On the side, I served an awesome recipe I pinned the other day for Spicy Broccoli Saute- it was extremely easy and very good. I also made an oldie but goodie that Amy made at a Pinterest party a while back- Sweet corn with Cilantro Lime Butter. I left off the cheese on this because I didn't have any and it's already so good, it really doesn't need it. 

You all need to make this meal immediately- easy and delicious. Perfect for a dinner party when I find friends! ; )







No comments:

Post a Comment