Friday, April 27, 2012

My Recipe Book

So, I try extremely hard to keep my dorky-ness under wraps.  But occasionally, there just seems to be a time that I should share something with you... because even though it might be dorky, you're REALLY missing out if you don't have this.

And that's my recipe book.  

I completely stole this idea from some blog, but I feel like I am about to make it famous.



Here's what you need to get it going:
- A cute binder
- Tabs (I recommend the 8-pack)
- Sheet protectors
- Some really good recipes

I've labeled my tabs the following:
- Appetizers
- Salads
- Main Dishes
- Pasta (even though it's technically a main dish, it deserves it's own tab)
- Soups & Stews
- Sides
- Breakfast
- Desserts

It's really that simple!  

Now, ever since my obsession with Pinterest, I decided I needed to figure out how to incorporate this fantastic website with my recipe book... after numerous "trials and errors", I decided the following idea was the best: I use my laptop to follow the recipe the first time.  If it's good, it is printed and added to my recipe book.  If it's not good, it doesn't.  I know, it's pretty deep.  I can tell you I bet Blake is already tired of hearing "Is it recipe book good?" every time I make a new recipe.  

Hope you love your book as much as I love mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment