Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day with My Love

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!  Blake took me out to a nice dinner on Saturday night and we have another super nice dinner with Amanda and Rory before their big move to Denver on Friday (so excited- we get to dress up!), so I decided to make a nice dinner for Blake on the actual holiday.

I realized last week that Blake and I had never actually had dinner at my new table- we always eat in front of the TV (bad, I know), but we always want to hurry and get The Bachelor or American Idol started!  : )

So, I decided to geek out and set the table all fancy for Blake:

We started the night with a little bruschetta for an appetizer- I didn't really follow a recipe.  I just cut up some Roma tomatoes, threw in some fresh basil, garlic, Balsamic vinegar and called it a day.  
We then sat down to dinner, where we had Caesar salad and Pioneer Woman's Lasagna (which was yummy)!
It ended up being such a quite, sweet Valentine's Day.  I am so blessed to get to spend it with the cute man I got to spend it with!

We have a big weekend planned with our fancy dinner, then Aaron's 30th birthday party on Saturday night.  I'm sure another blog post will be following soon (I promise I'll be better).

Hope you all felt as loved as I did!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment