Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy 31st, Blake!

Big Blake had his 31st birthday, so I had to throw a party... especially since he just got me such a great present for my finger!  : )

I knew it was going to be so hard to top last year's pub crawl (thanks for letting me steal your idea, Amy) so I thought we would keep it fun and low key this year.  I asked Blake's friend Grayson if we could borrow his home since it's bigger than my apartment (I am so ready to buy a house!!!) and started the planning.  We went with a beer theme this year and started the party right before the OU/ west virginia game- thank goodness we pulled it out and won at the end or it wouldn't have been a very exciting party!  Here's some decorations from the big day:





The boys played games outside (the weather was WARM for November which was perfect)!





For the food, I made the following:
Chili- I forgot to take a picture, but I just did a crockpot recipe so that I didn't have to stress out about cooking during the game.  I got all the stuff so they could make frito pies if their heart so desired.

Here's a quick picture of the food setup, pre-food:



Blue Moon Cupcakes- I was questioning these a bit, but they were actually AWESOME!

The food went over great and it was a successful party. Thank goodness for the "Mason Luck" (his friends think he always gets lucky so they made him hold the TV- nerds), we even pulled out another Sooner win!


.... and the win was followed by the "Mase Guitar"....


All in all, I would say it was a successful Beerday!  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment